Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sewing for Kids

There's something very appealing about sewing for kids:  it's fast, things are small, and fit isn't so important as when I sew for myself.  I never really enjoyed sewing for my own kids - I'm not sure why. Too little time, too many expectations and/or too much pressure?  But for the grandkids it's different. Here's a dress I made for Cora, called "The Sally Dress" at veryshannon.com.  I'm already thinnking of summer shifts and tops based on this pattern.  I think all kids clothes should have big pockets, don't you?  Who knows what they'll find there?
And here's the back







I also made a christening dress for Catalina.  This one was totally improvised.  The linen was from a blouse I had made, and the lace from my old wedding dress.  I wasn't sure of fit, so added elastic to the neck and wrists which can be adjusted.  Linen and lace, always pretty together.

Here she is before her baptism on her Mom's instagram.  And, yes, she is always that engaging!


1 comment:

  1. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. best sewing machines for beginners

    ReplyDelete