Friday, February 7, 2014

A Sewing Plan

My daughter Katie has a very good eye when it comes to fit and fashion.  For Christmas, she promised me an uninterrupted period of time to go through my fabric and pattern stash.  Her combinations are intriguing, ones I would not necessarily have put together but do seem to be right for me.  Her take on fashion is current and she is very alert to body type, lifestyle, etc.  So, two hours later, here are my next sewing projects!


There are a few knit projects as well.  She isn't as crazy about knits as I am.  Is that a matter of age?  I wonder.  When choosing fabric and pattern, I always consider will the garment be comfortable, will it need to be dry cleaned?  That doesn't enter into her choices which I think is a younger persons attitude, maybe not a bad one to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment