Friday, December 27, 2013

Possibilites

As the last days of the year pass by, you're not seeing me heading out for that last pair of jeans (just in case I need them), or workout clothes or a dress for New Years Eve.  Who cares that there are terrific sales going on.  I'm thinking about all the possibilities I already have in the house.  And here are just a few.
There are more, I confess, knits that I haven't hung and several pieces that I've been looking at recently.  I read that the aging of your fabric is a good thing.  By the time you make it up, you've forgotten how much you paid and it's no longer such a precious thing that you have qualms about cutting it up! There are many pieces I don't even remember buying, some I can't imagine why I did, and a few I wish I hadn't.

I've started redoing a couple of things I've made and not worn for whatever reason.  Here's a Nancy Erickson jacket I didn't wear.  I wish I had quilted it to flatten it out a la Chanel. It was too much an outdoor only jacket and too much for wearing around this community.  So I decided to try to casual it down.  I added trim and shortened the collar just by tacking it down at the front corner.  Success!  I've been wearing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment